Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Moody Morning View - Coronet Peak Road, Queenstown New Zealand


Morning View From The Coronet Peak Road, Queenstown

Earlier this week I wrote a post expounding the benefits of the new and improved  Lightroom 4 Shadows Slider.  This powerful tool 'opens up' shadow areas in images like this, unlocking a full range of tonality.

However, sometimes it I think it is nice to let the shadow chips fall where they may - this photo is a good example of that in my opinion.

This is an in camera jpeg from the Canon 5dmkii  and it is completely untouched by post-processing.  Why? because I like it just as it is.

You don't always have to 'work' your images - trust your artistic instincts.

Anyone else feel this way sometimes?

Comments welcomed :-)

Cheers - Todd

Autumn morning view over Queenstown from the Coronet Peak Road.  Photography by Todd Sisson. View more beautiful New Zealand images here

Shooting Data: f/16, 0.3 sec, ISO 50.


Made on: a Canon 5d Markii (I'd buy the Canon 5D Mark III  these days) with Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens  @ 24mm. Captured to 16GB Lexar Cf Card (still on special at Amazon) .

Filters: Marumi Circular Polarizer (read my polarizer review here) and 3 stop Singh Ray ND grad filter.

Thank you to everyone who uses my links - the small amount I make from these helps to keep my kids feet in shoes each winter!

Please ask any questions in the comments stream :-)

Cheers - Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment